VELUX Sun Tunnels – Sun Tunnels go where roof windows can’t.
Bring natural light into a dark hallway, dim kitchen or unlit closet with a VELUX Sun Tunnel, a specially designed reflective light tunnel that passes light through the roof to the ceiling (up to 6m). This innovative design allows the VELUX Sun Tunnel to be placed into areas of the house where it is not possible to install a traditional roof window or flat roof window.
Sun Tunnel rigid product features:
• Recommended for tunnel lengths from 0.9 to 6 m between the roof and ceiling.
The 1.7m long rigid tunnel should be used when greater lengths- in combination with ZTR extension sections- are necessary and to ensure adequate daylight levels are obtained. It is supplied with 2 x 45 degree bends.
• Can be extended to distances up to 6 m.
• Rigid tunnels has a diameter of either 35 cm or 25 cm.
• Super reflective coating along with interior of the tunnel provides a 98% internal reflection rate.
• Roof module is with 4 mm toughened glass and a removable sash. The glass is with clear and clean coating on the outside.
• For installation into slated roofs. Sun tunnels for pitched roofs can be installed in roofs with 15°- 60° pitches.
From ordinary to extraordinary with EdgeGlow
Only VELUX sun tunnel offers EdgeGlow, a ring of clear glass around the pane that offers spectacular light effects that change with outside conditions. EdgeGlow also provides a better spread of natural light throughout the room.
A sun tunnel for every situation
Both systems incorporate a flat glass roof light with integrated flashing, a flexi or rigid tunnel, and a white trimmed double glazed acrylic ceiling diffuser to ensure that your VELUX Sun Tunnel blends into the ceiling. Choose between flexible and rigid tunnels based on your needs.
Rigid tunnel provides the brightest light
Rigid tunnels are recommended when there is a straight, unobstructed path from the roof to the ceiling.
Ideal for straight runs with slight flexibility, up to 90°. Easy to install and offers maximum light output.
- Excellent for easy and fast tunnel assembly
- Brighter light
- Excellent for long runs
Rigid (10” or 14”) tunnels deliver a straight shaft of light for when the ceiling is placed directly under the exterior window.
VELUX sun tunnels can be installed on pitched roofs with a roof pitch between 15° - 60°.
This window is available in the following sizes: TLR 0K10, TLR 0K14, TWR 0K10, TWR 0K14